Monday, April 03, 2006

Natto for dogs?









I have been seeing some dog foods and dog treats in Japan that contain natto and I was wondering if any of you feed or have fed natto to your dogs? I know that getting my 2 large breed boys to eat it would be no problem (they have great taste) but I also wonder if there is any health risk to them as this is not a natural element to a dog's diet.

I currently feed my dog raw food and I am always interested in adding healthy probiotics such as yogurt or cottage cheese and natto seems like a good Idea. Just in the area's of circulation and digestion alone but I do have concerns about alergy's.

For now I think that I will give it to them in small amounts and moniter them for change so if any of you have some info, please let me know! I will of course share my findings here.

pjt

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dogs in Japan, they eat nattou,
I guess it is good idea to feed them.
but...their mouth gets so smelly.

3:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dog Dubi-chan also eats natto. but her favorite is seaweed. My mom is worrying that it would be too salty to feed seaweed to Dubi but she believes natto is good for dogs too. it's a bit hard to feed though ... because it's sticky..

11:27 p.m.  
Blogger carol said...

I give my labrador natto a few times a week,he loves it,he's 14 months old, I give him a big spoon full and he wolfs it down,he's seems fine

4:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home